Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Review
If you are sick of “digital pollution”, as Kaspersky puts it, then there is only one solution to your problem – Kaspersky Internet Security 2011. Kaspersky’s Internet Security suite is a direct competitor to the offerings from Norton and McAfee, and it offers Internet users a viable alternative if they are not happy with the aforementioned options.
Kaspersky isn’t as well known as Norton or McAfee, but that doesn’t mean their software isn’t one of the best around. If you are looking for something to make your computer run fast, protect against identity theft, and keep your computer free from viruses, spyware, and other malicious forms of software, you should have a look at Kaspersky Internet Security 2011!
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Features
- Run programs and sites in a completely safe environment – test drive software programs and websites in a protected environment using the safe run environment – all your info and access to your computer is “walled off”
- Small, easy to download updates – don’t spend hours downloading updates or updating virus definitions like some competitors software suites force you to do. Updates take minutes and won’t interrupt your online activity
- Gamer mode – if you play games, you know how annoying interruptions can be. Use gamer mode to enjoy a seamless online gaming experience with no interruptions!
Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 Reviews Summary
Most of the reviews posted for Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 were positive. If you read through most of them, they will state that the user switched from Norton or McAfee because they were not pleased with the service they offered and now couldn’t be happier with Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.
One thing that many reviewers mentioned was how they appreciated the very small updates that the Kaspersky suite utilizes. If you have ever used Norton before, you will know that sometimes the updates can take an hour or two to download – this is not the case with Kaspersky. They are compact and quick to download, so you can get back to using your computer sooner.
A few of the negative reviewers mentioned that they were having issues when using this piece of software with Windows 7. But, if you look at almost every other piece of internet security software around, including the offerings from Norton and McAfee, you will see that users of Windows 7 report issues with them as well. So, maybe the issue is with Windows 7 and not the Kaspersky suite? It is important to consider this – you must look at all the factors involved before you make a snap judgment on the quality of this piece of software.
If you are looking for a piece of Internet security software, you really have three options – the offerings from Norton, the offerings from McAfee and the offerings from Kaspersky. Each of these suites have their pros and cons, and it is up to you to decide which one to try. But, many people prefer Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 over the aforementioned two competitors, so it is worth it to at least give it a shot!
What others are saying about Kaspersky Internet Security 2011
- MaximumPC: “A part of us wishes Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 came bundled with its own aluminum foil deflector beanie, because it’s the only thing missing from what’s otherwise the ultimate package for paranoid PC users.”
- PCMag.com: “This suite’s firewall is smart enough to do its job without hassling you, its parental control tops almost all the competition, and it offers some unusual and useful bonus tools.”
- Laptop: “While we prefer Symantec Norton 360 ($69.95 per year) for its lower cost, parental controls, online backup, and PC tune-up tools, those who value the ability to tweak their settings or who crave low performance impact will be well served by Kaspersky Internet Security 2011.”
If you liked our review of Kaspersky Internet Security 2011 , make sure to read our other internet security reviews.