Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 Review
Kaspersky, one of the three main antivirus software providers along with Norton and McAfee, have once again brought their anti-virus software to the next level with Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011. It is much improved over previous versions and offers many new features that make it much easier to use!
Along with all of the features from previous editions, Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 offers a new desktop widget for changing options and performing quick scans, and a new system watcher feature that continuously monitors your computer with great efficiency without causing any lag.
Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 Features
- Improved core performance – the overall footprint of this years edition is much smaller, so it does not take up as many system resources while running.
- Identity protection – keeps your information safe while surfing and shopping on the web.
- New desktop widget – drag and drop files for a quick scan and change settings without opening up the control panel.
- Small, hourly updates – instead of downloading huge updates at intervals, Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 downloads small updates on an hourly basis, so your user experience is not interrupted.
Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 Reviews Summary
When you look for reviews for any Kaspersky product, you will see that there are fewer than their competitors, because they don’t have as big a market share. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t get some good information out of the ones posted.
Most of the positive reviews noted how easy Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 was to use and how the improved features and framework put this software suite above and beyond the offerings from McAfee and Norton. You will see that most people try Kaspersky after they have been disappointed with Norton or McAfee. Once they see how well it works, they usually stay with Kaspersky long term. With this years version, people really seemed to enjoy how smoothly the software ran in the background, not interfering with their web surfing experience.
While there were many positive reviews, there were a few negative reviews that should be noted. As with almost every other anti-virus software suite, some people have had some trouble installing Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 on machines with Windows 7 installed. This seems to be a Windows issue, though, and not an issue with Kaspersky’s software, or any of the software for that matter. If you have time, read some of the other reviews for other anti-virus software and you will see for yourself. Some people were not satisfied with the level of protection that Kaspersky offered, while others couldn’t get it to install correctly. But, when you weigh these negative reviews against all the positive ones posted, you will see that they are outnumbered greatly.
If you are looking for an anti-virus software suite for your computer and are not interested in the offerings from Norton or McAfee, Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011 is a great product to consider. It does everything you need it to do with ease and will offer more than adequate protection against anything you may come up against. Once you try it, you will see what everyone is raving about!
What others are saying about Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011
- TechRadar.com: “Overall, Kaspersky does the job of protecting your Mac against threats, and stops you passing on malware to Windows users. If you think you need malware protection, it’s a great choice.”
- PCMag.com: “Kaspersky’s latest antivirus looks better than ever, and independent labs consistently put it at or near the top. In my hands-on tests it scored well below what the labs would suggest, though, and it made a couple of serious faux pas false positives.”
- PCWorld: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 is very effective at blocking new malware attacks and is easy to use, but it slows system performance more than we’d like to see.
If you liked our review of Kaspersky Anti Virus 2011, make sure to read our other internet security reviews.